Back to top

campus

The Crane Building and the Candle House. Crane was the first permanent building built by the MBL. Donated by Charles R. Crane in 1914, the Candle House has served many purposes in its 152 year history. Originally a spermaceti candle factory, it also was a supply house and store for the whaling ships that came to Woods Hole. Later, as an MBL facility, it served the Supply Department and was known as the Hotel Majestic by those bunking on its top floor. It has housed the MBL administration since 1982.
Faculty and students in the 1978 High Resolution Electrophoretic Separation of Protein class at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1984 Neural Systems and Behavior course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1982 Neural Systems and Behavior course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1989 Neurobiology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1979 Neurobiology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1981 Neurobiology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1990 Neurobiology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
1989 Grass Fellows at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1982 Comparative Pathology of Marine Invertebrates course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1980 Marine Ecology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA
Faculty and students in the 1979 Marine Ecology course at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA

Pages